Monday, February 8, 2010

Skool

A.
I. Why is it so important for people to belong to a group?
II. some rules are meant to be broken?
III. why do teachers consider what they do such a good deed? a hero?

I. The more $$ a person is linked to their level of knowledge. more $$=better education :/
II. having an education classifies us as civilized people
III. its what you need into to be successful

I. teasing about "dirty" blond hair
II. losing voice while speaking to the whole class
III. hitting the ball in gym and having it come back and hit you

B: School can be all great, awful, funny, strange. This experience itself happens to be one of the more negative stories you will hear. it was a confident crusher. It started when i was in a private school back in the 2nd grade. Surprisly i was a kid who kept to herself, rarely spoke at all. I became friends with this girl in my class (who will remain nameless for my sake). She was loud, and funny she lead and I followed what she did. It came to the point where what she said, went. If my shoes were ugly, then they were, if my drawing sucked then it did. At this point in my life i was in no way ready to rebel. I unconiously went along with her little mind games.

I remember sitting in a group of people with her during free time. After spending some time with my other friend I slipped into this group. I was invisible and completely unacknowledged, before... She put me on the spot. asking me which friends phone number i know by heart, and witch one i could say faster. I was no good at dealing with the pressure that was suddenly thrown on me. I must have said it a million time before she was convinced she was my better friend. However this does not seem like a very friendly thing to do. I do not remember why I was her friend. my guess would be that i felt needed by her. I was wanted. Putting myself through all the little games, make me more like her. Being told something enough times you start to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment