Monday, May 10, 2010

Myers-Briggs survey

ENFP - "Journalist". Uncanny sense of the motivations of others.
Life is an exciting drama. 8.1% of total population.

i am a little bummed because i did not save my percentages. i have my assigned type, but i much more curious about the percentages my answer equalled out to be. i do remember getting the percent that i am in the group of 8.1%. and i thought to myself maybe i was unique because i was in the group where majority of the people were not. although that was not the case, turns out I am not so special because os many other people where right along side with me. and people who i would never expect to really share those similar qualities as me. turns out we have more in common than i thought? when taking this survey i was thinking about what i personally thought and then thought about what other thought too. so i will admit that i did ask a couple people what they thought, which helped me make up my mind when answering the questions. so the test was right that i need affirmation from other people, and that is one of the things that helps me make choices. honestly, i agree with most of the results i got. and i do think we all are a little bite of everything, but thats almost why i am so curious about seeing my percentages. i do feel like most days i am confident, and outgoing. people often tell me i like to dream more than focus mainly on the reality of a situation. i like it better like that though. I am influenced by my emotions, often to much at times.

Since we all have a little bit of every quality i would say it is not impossible for people to simply be friends. yes, people's personalities clash. they clash all the time but that inevitable. and isn't it said that "opposites attract?" maybe I am not making sense so let me use a personal example...where my friend and I came out with results that are completely opposite from each-other. expect we are friends. we have been friends for a while. out of most of my friends we are the ones who seem to clash the least. we hardly and very very rarely run into problems. we may not always agree, but we just know how to accept that. being opposites comes with some advantages. because we always chose to do things differently. Together we learn the other persons point of view, different methods or ways of approaching a situation. it is helpful and it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment