Saturday, May 15, 2010

I.
  • What do you like best about your friend(s)?
  • What are some ways your best friend has influenced you? or a decision you had to make?
  • how are you a good friend?
  • What qualities help you to have good relationships with others?
  • What are your friends for?
II.
  • Janet Pouchot
I asked my mother, Janet these questions. She was very open and comfortable talking about it. And questions led to a discussion. I recognize that her group of friends changes all the time. It evolves according to her environment. Her friends often come from her job. Most of her friends consist of my brother’s parents. It used to be my friends parents, but tat has changes since my brother came into the picture. She says the thing she likes most about friends is that she can talk to them, she tries to surround herself with people who are "Easy going, accepting, not judgmental of other people, and have a Good sense of humor." Every friend she has had managed to influence her thoughts, views and opinions. Which help her decisions with "confidence and clarity."
  • Hadley
I started interviewing my sister. She was not much help. During our short conversation she was clearly distracted and unwilling to participate. So I asked her what was wrong, not thinking it would lead to a whole story, however it did. it just so happened to be drama between her and her friends. Which just so happens to be perfect for my topic. (Selfish of me I know, but do not worry I listened and did the best I could to give her some big sisterly advice, and I did ASK if I could post this) So here is the story without any other names: Hadleys "best friend", who she says the person she is closest to out of all her friends, did something that broke their trust. "As a best friend I tell her things and she tell me things and you just do not tell those things to other people!" Hadley expects her friends to be loyal, trustworthy and honest with her. When they are not then it is disappointing. Although Hadleys says she still wants to be a good friend. Therefore she will consider taking my advice and understanding the situation and forgiving her friend.
  • Amber
Since i did not actually see amber anytime around when i made these question, i had to sent them to her. Which yes is a better way to get direct quotes, although do not get to have an
actual conversation. So you never know how they feel about the topic or how comfortable they are talking about it. No verbal communication, no facial expressions. So as much as i would rather do it in person this will just have to do :
What do you like best about your friend(s)?
There are many things that I like about my friends. But if I had to choose, I would say I like how they are understanding. No matter what the situation is, they are always there for me and give me the advice I need. My friends are the people I go to when I can't discuss a certain situation with my family. Since most of my friends are in the same age group as me, they are usually going through the same situations as I am, and this is how we are all able to help each other out.

how are you a good friend?
I am a good friend in many ways. I am always there when my friends are in need and I give them the advice they need. I am the one who lets them know if what they are doing is right or wrong. I give them a reality check when they need it, and always let them keep in mind that I am there for them.

What are some ways your best friend has influenced you? or a decision you had to make?
There are many ways my friends influence me. I usually become friends with people I can relate with the most, and there are many times my friend and I would be going through the same situation together. So we help each other out in making the right decision for our certain situation.


III.
I noticed from conducting these interviews that just like there are many types of relationships there are many types of friendships. Some more serious than other, some that last and some that dont. I thought it was interesting how a friendship can be primary based off of a certain situation. a friendship that just changes accordingly to the persons environment. They are people who just dont stay in our lives for a long period of time. They are the friends who are friends just there in that moment. Maybe there just to occupied time or accompany with their presence. So i realized many people have friendships like that , just a group of temporary friends. On the other hand a friendship can be who are people just like us. A little exclusive group of people who has similarities and share a range of interests, like in Ambers case. They are the people we expect always to be able to go back to. We believe that they are here for us no matter what. As people we like that feeling of support provided by these friends. no matter what type of friendship, people and myself included assume a friend to be trustworthy, honest, understanding, accepting. The fact is, friends play a pretty big part of our lives.


IV. Write a very careful and precise SINGLE survey question that can be added to the second collective student survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment