Sunday, September 27, 2009

time well spent?

It was weird watching my own video. I never pictured myself from that point of view. With the idea of relaying on technology in my head I could still become so engaged in the computer. To the point I even forgot about the video. It seems as though I am in my own world. I was not showing a lot of emotion although I thought I was in what I was typing on the screen.

As much as I don’t want to believe I depend on technology I know I do. Myself in this video was pretty predictable. It’s sad to think about the time I could be spending enjoying the outdoors. But technology is an everyday part of my life. Without life would be a whole lot more challenging, it is scary to imagine.

Already my little sister spends more time using “this stuff” than I do. Its unfortunate, I hate to think she was influenced by me. It makes me think about the influence we are giving to other generations?

Digital devices like the Wii incorporate some physical activity. While it gets you moving, it does require some strategy and thinking. On the other hand, there is no interaction with other people. It creates a simulation of reality. Which does not involve real interaction. The contrast between the actual world and a reflection of the world in a game are two separate different things.



2 comments:

  1. Hello Arden nice video.

    I liked how you said that you can be doing something else more productive outdoors than using technology because this also happens to a lot of people around us, they get all mixed up into technology that they forget about whats happening around them.

    What i realized while reading this post is that you stated the facts about what technology. And you didnt realize what you were doing while you were making the video, and how you thought about going outside but that technology is all around you which i can agree with because that is true.

    I can connect what you said to the real world which was that "It’s sad to think about the time I could be spending enjoying the outdoors. But technology is an everyday part of my life. " And the reason why i could connect that to the real world is because people around us are to much wrapped up around technology like computers,phones, and what not and they forget about whats happening around them.

    One thing you can maybe expand on is how you think your influence to your sister would probably change her life and the way she uses technology.

    But your post makes me think more about my life because i feel the same as you when that i get in my own little world when im using technology. And that makes me wonder would that effect me in the long run as i grow old.

    Overall i loved your most because i was able to connect to it and not only that but it was also pointing out true facts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thank you.

    thanks for taking the time to watch my video even though it might not have been most exciting.

    it was helpful that you connected on so many different levels. by connecting what i said to your own life. in addition to the ways of other people.

    you point about the influence i give was thoughtful. it is important to think about the person that all my siblings are looking up too. my youngest brother loves playing with my phone. the lights and sounds are memorizing. but it is evidence to the impact i am making on them.

    a common focus in my video and yours is that technology detracts us from our surroundings. we just so much attention into it, and almost dont care about anything else.


    from your video and your comments, i wonder how all this use of technology will effect not only the people around us but you and me in the long term...

    thanks again for commenting

    ReplyDelete