Wednesday, September 23, 2009

the voice of strangers

A older man expresses his feelings about the digital world. - I used it a lot less when I was little. Everything I such more advanced now. It is a bigger part of our lives. People are evolving and adapting to this new way of life. It has come to a point where we only longer have the skills to survive without technology in our lives. We would be challenged with the simplest tasks.

Interesting comments from an interesting guy walking without any digital devices.-There is more and more tech driven communication. It takes away from the amount of attention we our giving to our lives. We are always multi tasking in some way or another. It changed me to see a girl get hit by a car while crossing the street because she was so wrapped up in texting. It struck me as a wake up call and now I find myself trying to be more aware.

A young guy who works with computer programming shares his thoughts about technology. - For both work and personal I am spending about 8 hours in front of the computer everyday. It is not ideal, but not a problem. It makes everything about my day more productive. It is a big help knowing about the things I can do with technology. I can say I dependant on it. But we are not completely dependent on digital devices. It will never come to the point where we can’t break free. Without technology we would just be living according to our natural instinct.

A happy couple finishes each other’s thoughts when connecting to our digital world. - We came from a meeting where everyone had to turn their phones off for a full hour and a half. I can admit I was inching to my phone almost the entire time. I felt disconnected and wondered what I possibly could be missing. Everyone always expects to be able to contact people through their phones. Everyone has a certain urgency when using technology. Weather its getting the right information or contacting someone. It is all moving at such a fast pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment