Sunday, November 15, 2009

CHOAS

Twas the night before Apple, released their new IPOD

So as I fidgeted, my Mom gave a nod

While wondering about new Apps, I tried to do work

Knowing if I didn’t finish, my mom’ll go beserk

 

She now asked the same question, 3 times in a row

So distracted was I, that I just answered “no”

She screamed and she ranted, and said “you are grounded”

“You flunked your mid-term, - I am astounded.”

 

Of course I didn’t hear her, I was listening to tunes

A drumbeat in my headset, while watching cartoons

I held my Math pencil, as my mother grew madder

Not knowing what to do, blurted, “I have to empty my bladder”

 

On the way to the Bathroom, my pocket felt a buzz

Set to vibrate to feel it, I pulled it out with some fuzz

And while turning off my IPOD, I heard Mom still complaining

Mumbling something, about me doing some explaining

 

I put the phone to my ear, and now heard my friend say

“I updated my facebook status, a bit earlier today”

Of course I had scene it, few updates I miss

But In not sending a comment, she thought it a diss

 

I explained I was busy, and set things straight

And went to my room and to my main soul mate

I turned the power button on and began to play

Rocking out on the Wii; with my very own soiree

 

Soon I got bored, as I wondered who had “poked” me

So I went back to facebook, and found there were three

I responded to each, with the same, OMG

Cus I didn’t want to swear, using OMFG

 

I now logged out quickly, for the start of our show

Ignoring work uncompleted, and forgetting tomorrow

In front of the TV, we gathered for Project Runway

Ignoring all these with neglect and dismay

 

But knew there was work to be done, so I opened my book

But thought about who poked me, and so took a look

My friends were up posting, and so I responded

With the lure of electronics, it is how we have bonded

 

With my work to the side, I went browsing the net

A distraction again, but not the last I bet

Because just then my phone vibrated, delivering text 94

It was my friend whos annoying, but someone I adore

 

She asked about homework and if I was done

I said “um and well” and then answered “none”

She laughed and said get to it, and then hung up the phone

I knew I needed to focus and get into the zone

 

I wanted to IM, but thought I shouldn’t this time

Because before I knew it, I heard the midnight chime

The clock struck 12, so I raced off to bed

My homework unfinished, hoping for sleep instead.

 

I set the alarm for 6, to get to the store first thing

And while I was dreaming, my alarm began to ring

I raced out for the IPOD, and for new kinds of stuff

But half way down the street, realized I really didn’t finish enough

 

I went back to my house, hating to impose

But thought homework needs to be done I suppose,

The new IPOD I thought, would just have to wait

Cus if my works not done, parents’d be irate

 

Next thing I knew, I was late for school

So I cranked up my IPOD, which made me feel cool

Racing to the subway I felt kinda tired

after my night had been dedicated to all things I desire

 

I soon came to realize, how detracting things were

Living in chaos, all events such a blurr

Electronics seem good, but they also annoying

I learned all of this, with the stresses and enjoying.

My original idea was very different in my head. The original idea seems to always change by the time it reaches its end.  I considered doing a drawing, or movie. Unfortunately my drawing skills are not great, and I do not know enough about to computers to pull off a movie, and I liked the idea of doing a poem. I must say overall I am happy with this piece.

Everyone interprets artwork differently. Some might interpret my art piece as a hammer, and some as a mirror. I was trying to reflect a person’s lifestyle in today’s society as well as have a clear message. My goal was not to make anyone feel bad about being involved with digitalization. I was simply trying to express the truth about the situation we are in. I attempted to exaggerate my story to make the overall message more effective, similar to how the author did in Feed. But really it is up to the reader; to determined weather this piece is a hammer or a mirror and what it means to them. 

The hardest part was tying all my ideas together in such a way that they rhyme.  I used my dad and this site to help me out; Rhyme Zone. 2009. Datamuse, Web. 15 Nov 2009. . I tried to put a twist on this piece by making in rhyme, which is my favorite part. Things are more fun to read when they rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment